Rules & Regulations
The Dwight D. Eisenhower Library and Museum is part of the National Archives and Records Administration. Use of its grounds and facilities are governed by federal rules and regulations. In order for the Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum to make its facility available to the public, it must adhere to the following guidelines.
Events must be cultural, recreational, corporate and/or educational in nature. Personal events will be approved by the Director on a case-by-case basis. Commercial events and political campaigning and fundraisers are not permitted. No implication can be made through written material or media relations that the Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum is sponsoring the event or has endorsed the organization sponsoring the event.
Activities that include exchange of funds on site are not permitted. No auctions, raffles, admission or registration fees collected at the door, sales promotion of goods and/or service, or cash bars are allowed on site. Alcoholic beverages are permitted in an open bar setting only. The serving of alcohol must end no later than 30 minutes before the conclusion of the event.
All caterers, performers, entertainers, and other service-related vendors servicing the event must notify Library staff with the name of the person in charge of the group in order for them to check in upon arrival.
Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the facility.
Food and beverage are not allowed in the museum exhibit galleries.
Balloons, candles, potted plants and trees are not permitted anywhere in the facility.
All deliveries for the event must be signed for by the organization sponsoring the event or its designated representative. Under no circumstances will the Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum or any of its employees sign or assume responsibility for these deliveries.
- $75 – use of Library dishes/glassware
- Museum admission
- All events must end by 10:00 p.m.
- An Eisenhower Library/NARA Staff person must be on duty during any building use. If the event is in the evening, the staff person should be provided the same meal being provided to the guests.
- Eisenhower Library staff members cannot be used as bartenders for building rentals.
- Approval of events is at the discretion of the Library Director.
- Any reduction or waiving of fees is at the discretion of the Library Director.