How to Book an Event
Contact the public programs specialist by email, or call toll free at 1-877-RING IKE.
Sponsoring organizations and their designated contractors must review their plans with Library staff; and the plans must conform to Library rules and procedures and to pertinent fire, safety, and security regulations. Events which do not receive Library approval will be cancelled or altered to meet Library requirements.
- Reserve the date. Please contact us to see if your proposed date is available. We can place a hold on a date for a maximum of two weeks.
- When you contact us, we will provide you with an Application for Building Use (PDF), which lists requirements and guidelines for applicants and is required to confirm your date. When you return the application you should also include a Letter of Intent on your organization's letterhead.
Your Letter of Intent should be sent before the two-week period has elapsed and should include the following:
- Briefly describe your organization and its mission
- State the purpose of your event
- Indicate the date, time and approximate number of guests
- List any speakers, performers, films or programs that will be part of your event
Forward your Application (PDF) and Letter of Intent to:
Public Programs Specialist
Dwight D. Eisenhower Presidential Library
P.O. Box 339
Abilene, KS 67410
Email Your Application
- If possible, please schedule a site visit prior to your event.
- The following must be approved in advance by the Library:
- Media coverage
- Speakers, performers, movies or programs
- Decorations that are fastened to any part of the building by any means
- The serving of alcoholic beverages